Quick facts
  • What we do:
    Recruitment Solutions
  • Website:
    http://www.jobsatfirst.com
  • UK locations:
    Scotland, South East, North West, West Midlands, East Midlands, National
  • Contact
    • Celtic House, 135-140 Hatherton Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 1YB

About First Personnel Group


What is it like to work for First Personnel Group

My Team
My Team
Each year, as a reward for outstanding performance, 10% of staff are chosen to attend the annual “Boat” event. The event takes place the first week of September and sees the top performing staff across categories such as most permanent vacancies taken, most new accounts bought on, best internal feedback, and best customer journey. The luxury boat is privately charted by the company from Hamble Harbour in Southampton. Employees get to spend 2 days sailing around the Solent, before docking on the Isle of Wight taking lunch in Colwell Bay with an overnight stay and dinner in Cowes. Winners of this unique reward are announced at the Annual Company Awards evening in June each year. Feedback from those that attended this year’s event included comments such as “What a fantastic way to reward staff for all their hard work and “A relaxing day at sea, time to spend with colleagues and lovely food and drink – a perfect couple of days”
Giving Something Back
Giving Something Back
First Personnel’s commitment to supporting local community initiatives have seen them donate over £14,000 in the last 12 months, with over £2,000,000 being donated to worthwhile causes such as Variety Club of Great Britain, Birmingham Children's hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary and the Gentleman's Night Out since they were founded in 1979. Working closely with Acorns Children’s Hospice as their main corporate charity, they sponsor their annual autumn Lantern Walk as well as hosting tables for employees at their charity events. Staff are encouraged to take part in events and are rewarded with “reward points” for doing so. Such is the company’s commitment to the local community, in summer 2015 the company set up “First Community” which works in partnership with all employees, charities and local communities to engage and bring everyone together. This latest initiative runs alongside the 200 Club, which was originally started by Managers of the Company as part of the Values they put in place. Employees can pay into the club anything from £1 to £10 a month. A monthly draw takes place with the two winning employees sharing 65% of the total pot, whilst the remaining 35% is set aside for any member of staff to request a charity payment be made to a cause close to their hearts.
My Company
My Company
The Circle of success which details their Company values is displayed around head office and at each branch/site in Perspex frames as well as on everyone’s welcome screen as daily inspiration of the way in which they work and what success looks like. It’s a reference tool to all employees, managers and Directors on the behaviours they expect from others and should display themselves. Employee rewards and recognition are linked to the values within the Circle and are communicated and celebrated at every “Orange Studio” event twice yearly. Event Guest speakers will link their key note talks to a chosen value. Employees are given the circle of success on their first day and the values and vison of the business are discussed in depth to ensure that everyone coming into the business understands their culture and their part in ensuring that their values, vison and purpose are at the forefront of everything they do

Learn more about the 8 factors of workplace engagement here

Benefits:

  • Health Insurance
    Health Insurance

    Companies offering private health insurance with at least 50% of employees taking this up

Company Statistics

  • Earning £35,000+:

    10%

  • Staff:

    113

  • UK sites:

    26

  • Average Age:

    30

  • Male : Female:

    50% / 50%

  • Staff Turnover:

    60%

Accreditation

Want to get on the list or be accredited?

Start your engagement journey today and find out what you need to do to earn a Best Companies accreditation or a place on the Best Companies lists.