Quick facts
  • What we do:
    Travel Comparison Site
  • Website:
  • UK locations:
  • Contact
    • Quartermile One, 15 Lauriston Place, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH3 9EN

About Skyscanner

What is it like to work for Skyscanner

Personal Growth
Personal Growth
Skyscanner created Skyscanner University, a platform to promote transfer of knowledge in line with their value “Master, Teach, Learn.” They currently have over 200 courses on topics as far ranging as Advanced Python for Engineers to Sushi Making for Beginners! 70% of the courses are created and delivered by the staff. Even the CEO delivers a 5 week programme for high potential employees, educating them on how to think like an entrepreneur! About 80% of the courses are available to all the staff. The remaining 20% are customised training courses that support various stages of the employee’s development. Skyscanner also organise internal and external TedTalks for employees to attend and learn from some of the industries leading experts on a range of issues and technical innovations. Alongside this, there is an internally run “bookclub” where groups of employees get together to discuss books or journals on a range of themes – predominately tech start-ups or technical advances – and discuss what these mean for Skyscanner and if they can improve from their content. The organisation structure is cross-functional led, enabling T-Shape development where the employees are not only developing themselves in their area of expertise but also developing broader business acumen. Employees are encouraged to move from one team to another to further develop themselves.
My Company
My Company
Vision and values are vital at Skyscanner and they communicate them in multiple ways. When someone joins Skyscanner they will have an induction session with senior members of the team to explain their vision and values and how these are practically applied within the organisation. The values are reinforced throughout the offices and Skyscanner are extremely proud of them. They are displayed to visitors and their employees by being integrated into their office design. Company communications also continue to reinforce their values, they have quarterly company updates which allow the entire company to be updated on their progress towards their vision, CEO lunches and COO question time where employees are invited to lunch with the CEO and ask anything they’d like. The vision statement and what is being doing to achieve this is central to these discussions. Skyscanner store a lot of information on their knowledge management system and intranet but find that the most effective way of communicating the vision and values is through their employees, they have become advocates for their values, using them to guide behaviours but also communicating them others around the business.
Fair Deal
Fair Deal
In addition to pay reviews, bonus and commission schemes there is a staff reward system called Sky High. Sky High is a scheme that enables individuals to nominate colleagues for making an over and above contribution. One of their core values is Collaborate to Comp(l)ete and this scheme supports this value by enabling employees to nominate colleagues for recognition as a result of an over-and-above contribution, rewarded by vouchers in their local currency. On top of this, every quarter one of those individuals nominated for a SkyHigh award is chosen as the overall winner of the “SkyHigh Quarterly Award” and receives a cash prize.

Learn more about the 8 factors of workplace engagement here


  • Charity Activities
    Charity Activities

    At least 20% of staff are known to undertake charitable activities during business hours without incurring financial loss

  • Holidays

    Companies offering a minimum of 25 days annual leave to all employees

  • Health Insurance
    Health Insurance

    Companies offering private health insurance with at least 50% of employees taking this up

  • Development

    Non work related training supported

Company Statistics

  • UK sites:


  • Average Age:


  • Earning £35,000+:


  • Male : Female:

    69% / 31%


Want to get on the list or be accredited?

Start your engagement journey today and find out what you need to do to earn a Best Companies accreditation or a place on the Best Companies lists.